Thursday, October 26, 2006

Why do I keep avoiding going to Sainsburys?
I have just spent the past 45 minutes in my kitchen, looking for food, believing that I have food in the fridge. I was soooo wrong ! The only thing edible in my fridge is Melons, not what I had planned for dinner !
After days of going hungry, I finally decided to cook myself a delicious meal- an Indian meal aka HARD WORK. Instead I was thwarted by the emptiness of my refrigerator. I have been thinking about making peas curry for myself for quite some time now. Pleased with the fact, I ignored my tummy's growling when I passed a welcoming Pret. To cook peas curry, the main ingredient is, but of course, PEAS. As I searched my fridge in vain, I realised that my portion of peas has gone missing. After much thought I remembered the last time I cooked, during which I emptied the peas packet into my then delicious curry. Disappointed as I was, I wasn't ready to give up on my mission to cook. So I searched the freezer for frozen parathas. An easy option, but yet again I faced disappointment when I realised I don't have any packets of frozen Parathas. Searching all the shelves, the only eatable options I found were:
1) Maggi (not dinner material)
2) Popcorn (yet again not dinner material)
3) Pasta (not my favourite one, and that too on the top shelf !)

Talk about mission impossible !
And I wonder why do I avoid going to Sainsburys? I mean its barely minutes away from home. But think about it this way. Aisles of freezers, bright lights that blind you, and happy families around, eugh, the thought makes me sick ! To add to the woes, walking home alone, with bags full of heavy unwanted food. I say unwanted for a reason. Shopping on a hungry tummy makes you want to pick up every food item you see. I do not wish to bring home a tub of Phish Food or a frozen pizza ! I shall only regret later.
As I console myself with illogical reasons, I reach for the telephone to call for yet another meal on wheels ! There goes my resolution for healthy eating...*sigh*

No comments: