Thursday, August 28, 2008

America!



Take me on a trip, I'd like to go some day.
Take me to New York, I'd love to see LA. I really want to, come kick it with you. You'll be my American Boy.

-
American Boy - Estelle Feat. Kanye West

*grins* So I'm planning my New York trip all over again! And you can't imagine how badly I want this. Chances are if you know me, and you are from America, I'll probably be making fun of your American ways. Pants and all :p

But the fact remains I've always wanted to go to NEW YORK! Well what I've really wanted is take a road trip around USA and it wouldn't bother me if it took a month or six. Anyhow, going to NYC is getting just as close. Besides I'll finally be able to say that I've been to one continent which my brother hasn't been to (he's travelled literally all over the world, the lil globe trotter!)

I've seen far too many movies and TV series revolving around New York for me not to fall in love with that city. I'm a city girl, I like the concrete jungle, I like busy people who are running around crazy having a life. I love the lights of a big city. I loveeeeee it ! Plus, if I do after Thanksgiving, it means I get to enjoy the sales (woooohoo). What more could I really ask for? :)

I'm also uber stressed out about this trip, because amongst my friends, I'm the only one who needs a Visa, which in itself freaks me out. Then since it's a budget holiday I'm praying like crazy it works out, that there are no problems with bookings and everything. I'm slightly creeped out about living in a hostel (last time I stayed in a hostel in Dublin, the bathrooms were minging!) I know once I get to NYC I'll go down to Times Square and sing New York New York, just 'cos I am so damn cheesy :P

And in case I do end up finding the "American boy" on my trip don't blame me :) I'm a sucker for accents *grins*

xxx

No comments: