Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What a party!

Semi-naked chicks - Check
Lot of Alcohol - Check
Loud loud music - Check
Lotta grinding(???) - Double Check

So, why did Shrutters not have fun? I went to Notting Hill Carnival yesterday and to be very honest, I was a tad bit disappointed. Maybe it was the cloudy weather, maybe it was me being sober and everyone else being really drunk or maybe it was just the simple fact that it was over over over crowded!

Notting Hill Carnival is an annual event held in the uber posh Kensington-Notting Hill area (ring a bell from the film Notting Hill..sorry no Hugh Grant roaming about there though!) Anyhow, it's sort of like a mini mini mini version of the Brazilian Carnival at Rio.

Every year for the past three years I have been planning to go for it. So this year finally when I did end up going, I was expecting, quite a LOT!

I'm not being harsh, it was a pretty good carnival, the customes were excellent, but to me it just seemed like a bunch of people (even the people parading and organizing) getting pissed drunk and then just walking on slowly with the dullest or drunkest look EVERRRR!

Not a bad way to spend the last Bank Holiday Monday of the year, but I wish it was sunny and I wish I was picnicking in Primrose Hill.

xxx

No comments: