Thursday, August 21, 2008

WTF!

I'm listening to this song by Katy Perry. It's called I Kissed a Girl. The tune is pretty catchy, yer yer...but it's not really worth being up there with all the great music.

WTF is wrong with song writers these days? First it was Kate Nash with her Foundations and Mouthwash. The lyrics of Mouthwash is something like this

And I use mouthwash Sometimes I floss I've got a family And I drink cups of tea

How old do you have to be to pass this off as lyrical-genius? And omg !!! The lyrics of I Kissed a Girl goes like this

I kissed a girl and I liked it The taste of her cherry chap stick I kissed a girl just to try it I hope my boyfriend don't mind it

Of course he doesn't mind, you might have just made his day! But really people stop writing lyrics that even a five year could write and if you do, please have the world's most amazing voice to carry it off, which Katy Perry doesn't have!

Just my opinion!

xxx


No comments: