Sunday, June 13, 2010

I want to be a 'Jane Birkin'

A muse to be more precise. It's on my 'Things to be, before I die' list. I'd like to be able to inspire someone.

I disclosed my desire to a friend sometime back and he was like, "whose Jane Birkin?" To all you crazy people who are living under a rock Jane Birkin is an English actress/singer. The Hermès Birkin (now we all know what that is!!) bag has been inspired and designed for her. It is still an extremely coveted bag, people are on the waiting list to own that bag. Now, who wouldn't want to be Jane Birkin?

Lots of people consider muses as just beauty and no brains, so no one really wants to be a muse. The way I see it, to be able to inspire someone must be so awesome! Also, I think muses come across as these carefree characters that need to be expressed in a beautiful way (such as a handbag design, or a song). I want to be that carefree character.

Besides, loving the fact that Jane Birkin inspired a classic bag, she also did a duet with her lover of the time Serge Gainsbourg, called "Je t'aime... moi non plus" which means 'I love you, nor do I' or something along those lines. It was banned in the UK as it was considered lewd.




xxx

3 comments:

Renaat said...

Wow, you know your classics :-) Respect! Gainsbarre is one of my all time heroes (and this has only little to do with his daughter Charlotte ... lol). I don't fancy the handbag though :-| As for being a muse, I'm a-muse-d (ok, crappy joke :-p ), I bet you inspire people ;-) xx

Shrutters said...

How can you not fancy the bag? Oh right, you are a man! I mean it's no Prada fairy bag, I get it. But it's such a classic!
Besides the point is not the handbag, but the fact of inspiring people!
I doubt I inspire anyone, though. I'm just there, all normal and blah!
Someone once said they'd like to sketch / paint me... But that didn't happen, I'm sad :(

Renaat said...

Oh, the sketch, eh ... I'll see if I can find it back. Lost a lot of things when moving to the torn tent though: papers, shoes, money, my temper, my mother in law ... :-)