Saturday, July 11, 2009

The parc in the center of it all!

The weather is typically British today, cloudy with little rays of sunlight seeping through. I'm surrounded by what seems like thousands of frustrated fathers, eager mums and hyper active kids.

Kids that come in all sizes and shapes - from the toddler to the brat!
I get a feeling I don't belong here, after all it does seem like I'm the loner here - no kid dangling around my arm!


I'm unsure of how this makes me feel, relieved that I am saved from wailing babies, or sad that I feel terribly alone here and am unable to enjoy.

This is what heaven must feel like to the kids and parents who have dragged themselves and bucket loads of toys to Center Parcs, Elveden forest!

Kiddy disco to adrenaline fueled outdoor activities, this retreat offers you all the amenities under one roof. To pick a few I'd like to try my hand at water skiing, rafting, climbing just to name a few. I'd love to come back with a bunch of adrenaline junkies just to explore the fun.

As I wait outside the toddler centre for my brother, sister in law and nephew to come out and tell me their new exciting plan, I can't help but wonder about babies!

No, I'm not getting broody, I'm just curious as to what makes so many couples bring babies into the world. if the all nights and limited holidays are are anything to go by, I'm amazed to find out when these lil miracles turn into bundles of joy!

I smile and watch people play happy families wondering when my maternal instincts kick in and when I would give up my independent life for more an unfamiliar life!

Ps >I love both my nephews to pieces and yes they can be ten handfuls but I can't imagine my life without their giggles and laughter :)

XX


1 comment:

R! said...

Great post, Shrutters. Food for thought :-)