Friday, July 25, 2008

My Magic Mantra

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

- William Ernest Henley

I'd heard this on TV, but hey getting to know better things even if it's through the idiot box is always great! This poem always cheers me up, and makes me believe in myself :D

xxx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Mmmm ... censorship. Drinking & writing isn't a good idea, like my mom used to tell me. Or was it that random woman in the store the other day ?

Shrutters said...

drinking and writing is far worse than drinking and driving! :)

Anonymous said...

... although i'm a huge fan of Charles Bukowski. Drinking & writing, huh ...

Shrutters said...

And he has what to do with the poem (which is by William E Henley) or drinking and writing? :S

Anonymous said...

Writer & alcoholic at the same time ... Now let's talk about something else ;-)

Shrutters said...

no no! alcohol is the best topic of it all :D

Anonymous said...

Sure, but not to discuss in public. So come to my hotel room to talk about it or IM me ;-)

Shrutters said...

OMG! hotel room and all! :O what are you trying to imply? tut tut !