Thursday, December 11, 2008

American Idiot !

Been there, done that and got the T-shirt to prove it. Well not the T-shirt, but a Hoodie, which is just as good, except it's 5 times my size!

The Big Apple is everything I ever dreamt of, and it took me a week after leaving the city to realize I can actually live there. Well only if I had to live in Upper East Side or Greenwich Village, I'm pretty snobby like that.

Being in New York is like being in a film, where I play the role of the spoilt brat- brilliant !I met my cousin there, he lives in Seattle, and he's like NYC is so crowded blah blah...I was like what you on guy, I LOVE CROWDS! Fine, I'm anti-social sometimes, but I live in London (d-uh) so I do like the concrete jungle and all the people !

That is what so awesome about it, because there are so many people there are a gazillion things to do. I tried to do all the touristy things I had on my list- Liberty - check, Empire State Building- check, Broadway- check, NBA game- check, Museum of Modern Art- double check! The only thing I missed out on was walking down Brooklyn Bridge. Since I'm the queen on cheese, I really wanted to do it. Meh, next time ;)

New Yorkers are so friendly too. If you are in London, you could stare at someone for hours and they won't even crack a smile. Whereas, in New York everywhere I looked they were smiling...the first time it happened I was very confused (whatchya'll smiling about) but then we bumped into this New Yorker (old dude with a dog) who just started talking to us and was so sweet! You'd never have a random person strike up a conversation in London, well unless the two of you are extremely intoxicated!

Here are some snapshots :D

When we went for the Knick game at Madison Square Garden

Statue of Liberty
View from Empire State Building
Black Friday at Macy's
Saks Fifth Avenue
Remember Bubba Gump from Forrest Gump...@ Times Square
Saks Fifth Avenue - view from Rockefeller Centre
Andy Warhol - Marilyn Monroe @ Museum of Modern Art

The only thing missing in my trip was, I didn't find my American boy ;)


xxx

No comments: