Saturday, April 05, 2008

Love Bites!

Love's been doing the rounds in my head for the past couple of weeks.

The word LOVE is used so loosely, and I find it disturbing. Rewind a couple of years when I was a teenager, love was something you gushed about. Now that I'm older I often get confused with the way people use love.

I used to know this girl in school who would go up to the randomest girl in class and say OH I LOVE YOU. Initially, I thought 'How sweet!' until I realised after uttering the I LOVE YOUs the girl would bitch about the same person.

Okay...maybe the cynic in me refuses to accept unconditional love, maybe I haven't been swept into the "wonderful" world of unconditional love. But the fact remains that in todays world you can never be too sure.

Love is a very sensitive word for me. When I do say I love someone, I mean it. I would never use it loosely. If I don't love someone, why the fuck would I say it?



I have had people come up to me and say that they love me and I just stare blankly wondering 'Do you even know me to love me?'

For me, the person who criticizes me is my best friend, the person who compliments me is my enemy.

You don't fall in love overnight, be it a friend or a lover. You need to know the person over time. It can be the most magical feeling if put in the right context. I wish everyone would just sit back and think for once before using it so loosely.

XXX

1 comment:

Electric Shaman said...

I completely concurr.. I believe my paranoia with the word "love" stems from the utmost respect that I treat it which leads me to disburse it to the most select few. And this post makes me love you even more. In case i forget I totally love you dahhhling nerdo!!!!! :P