Monday, November 06, 2006

I hate having a Best Friend. I mean a best friend is scary. She can read your mind, so why should my best friends be any different?
All through my life I have avoided the word best friend, simply because it is so cliched. But as years go by, I have realised why every girl's life is incomplete without her best friend.
This blog of mine is dedicated to three of my closest friends. You know who you are :)
I have evolved from a nice bully, to the girly girl who loves pink. But even through the transformation process I have been wary of letting people know the real me. I tend not to let people know how I feel. More of a closed book; I usually shy away from confrontations.
Its over the past few months I have realised that I do talk non-stop, specially when surrounded by my best mates. Today was yet another day when the power of best friends was reassured. She knew what I was thinking, she knew how I felt. SO SO Spooky !! And I love her so much for that.
A couple of months back, I was having a conversation with a best friend, who I had almost lost. The "toilet conversation" eventually led me to believe that it is not that hard to let people in.
Yeah, sure people will bully you, people will take you for granted. People will even spread rumors about you. But a true best friend will stick with you throughout. A true best friend will drag you to classes, a true best friend will listen to your confessions. A true best friend is not a diamond she is a star. A star you will always hold close to your heart.
My best friend not only stands by me when I am stressing out about trivial things...the innumerable times she has told me she KNOWS I can do it...but also sits with you on a rickety bench in Harrow, rating boys! I have had the priviledge of having best friends, people who are so unlike me and yet understand me so well. People with whom I don't have to have a conversation for them to understand how I feel. People who are far away from me yet everytime we meet me she still bullies me into DOING THE RIGHT THING! I don't need to talk to my best friend everyday, yet everytime we meet, we start conversations as if we were never apart.
As a child I always had a problem writing the essay titled, MY BEST FRIEND. I think I have accomplished that mammoth of a task today, and thinking about it brings a smile on face.

PS: Love to Steeeeefan my Man, Zoop Zoop and Sonyum :)

No comments: